School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Office: BS 4074
- Ph.D. in Economics, Iowa State University, USA 2011
- Licence en sciences économiques ("économie politique"), Université de Lausanne, Switzerland 2004
- Primary: agricultural economics, resource and environmental economics, energy economics
- Secondary: financial economics
- Dumortier, J., Hayes, D.J., Carriquiry, M., Dong, F., Du, X., Elobeid, A., Fabiosa, J., Martin, P.A., and Mulik, K. (2012). The Effects of Potential Changes in United States Beef Production on Global Grazing Systems and Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Environmental Research Letters. Forthcoming.
- Dumortier, J., Hayes, D.J., Carriquiry, M., Dong, F., Du, X., Elobeid, A., Fabiosa, J., and Tokgoz, S. (2011). Sensitivity of Carbon Emission Estimates from Indirect Land-Use Change. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, 33(3), 428-448.
- Hayes, D.J., Babcock, B.A., Fabiosa, J., Tokgoz S., Elobeid, A., Tun-Hsiang, Y., Dong F., Hart, C., Chavez, E., Pan, S., Carriquiry, M., Dumortier, J. (2009). Biofuels: Potential Production Capacity, Effects on Grain and Livestock Sectors, and Implications for Food Prices and Consumers. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 41(2), 1-27.
Recent conference presentations
- “Biomass Co-firing in Coal Power Plants and its Impact on Agriculture in the United States”, presented at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) annual meeting, Seattle, Washington, August 2012.
- “Welfare changes associated with forest carbon offset credits in the United States”, presented at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) annual meeting, Seattle, Washington, August 2012.
- "Sensitivity of Carbon Emission Estimates from Indirect Land-Use Change", presented at the 2011 Inaugural Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE) Summer Conference, Seattle, Washington, June 2011.
- "Carbon or Crops? A Real Option Perspective on Tree Planting under a Cap-and-Trade Policy", presented at the conference "The Role of Carbon Offsets in Climate Policy", Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, May 2011.
- SPEA V 517: Public Management Economics
- SPEA V 370: Research Methods and Statistical Modeling
- ECON 102: Principles of Macroeconomics (Iowa State University)
Awards and honors
Teaching Excellence Award, Iowa State University 2007
Employment and consulting
Consultant, European Commission Joint Research Center, Institute for Energy 2009
Assistant in Corporate Finance, Landesbank Saar (SaarLB), Metz, France 2004/2005
Research Department Intern, ifo - Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Munich, Germany 2004