School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Office: BS 4074
- Ph.D. in Economics, Iowa State University, USA 2011
- Licence en sciences économiques ("économie politique"), Université de Lausanne, Switzerland 2004
- Agricultural Economics, Resource and Environmental Economics, Energy Economics, Financial Economics
- Dumortier, Jerome. (2014). “Impact of agronomic uncertainty in biomass production and endogenous commodity prices on cellulosic biofuel feedstock composition.” Global Change Biology Bioenergy (forthcoming).
- Kauffman, Nathan, Jerome Dumortier, Dermot J. Hayes, Robert C. Brown, and David A. Laird. (2014). “Producing energy while sequestering carbon? The relationship between biochar and agricultural productivity.” Biomass & Bioenergy (forthcoming).
- Dumortier, Jerome. (2013). “The Effects of Uncertainty under a Cap-and-Trade Policy on Afforestation in the United States.” Environmental Research Letters 8(4): 044020.
- Elobeid, Amani, Miguel Carriquiry, Jerome Dumortier, Francisco Rosas, Kranti Mulik, Jacinto F. Fabiosa, Dermot J. Hayes, and Bruce A. Babcock. (2013). “Biofuel Expansion, Fertilizer Use and GHG Emissions: Unintended Consequences of Mitigation Policies.” Special Issue “Economics of Bioenergy” in Economics Research International, Article ID 708604, (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/708604).
- Dumortier, Jerome. (2013). “Co-firing in Coal Power Plants and its Impact on Biomass Feedstock Availability.” Energy Policy 60:396-405.
- Dumortier, Jerome, Dermot J. Hayes, Miguel Carriquiry, Fengxia Dong, Xiaodong Du, Amani Elobeid, Jacinto Fabiosa, Pamela A. Martin, and Kranti Mulik. (2012). “The Effects of Potential Changes in United States Beef Production on Global Grazing Systems and Greenhouse Gas Emissions.” Environmental Research Letters 7(2): 024023.
- Dumortier, Jerome, Dermot J. Hayes, Miguel Carriquiry, Fengxia Dong, Xiaodong Du, Amani Elobeid, Jacinto Fabiosa, and Simla Tokgoz. (2011). “Sensitivity of Carbon Emission Estimates from Indirect Land-Use Change.” Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy 33(3): 428-448.
- Hayes, Dermot J., Bruce A. Babcock, Jacinto Fabiosa, Simla Tokgoz, Amani Elobeid, Tun-Hsiang Yu, Fengxia Dong, Chad Hart, Eddie Chavez, Suwen Pan, Miguel Carriquiry, and Jerome Dumortier. (2009). “Biofuels: Potential Production Capacity, Effects on Grain and Livestock Sectors, and Implications for Food Prices and Consumers.” Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 41(2): 1-27.
Recent conference presentations
- “Uncertainty, Competition, and Time-to-Build in Switchgrass Production”, presented at the International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR) conference, Ravello, Italy, June 2013.
- “Altruistic versus Egoistic Motivation: Is There a Role for Altruism in Organic Consumption?”, presented at The Second Food Studies: An Interdisciplinary Conference, Urbana, Illinois, October 2012.
- "Biomass Co-firing in Coal Power Plants and its Impact on Agriculture in the United States”, presented at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) annual meeting, Seattle, Washington, August 2012.
- “Welfare changes associated with forest carbon offset credits in the United States”, presented at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) annual meeting, Seattle, Washington, August 2012.
- "Sensitivity of Carbon Emission Estimates from Indirect Land-Use Change", presented at the 2011 Inaugural Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE) Summer Conference, Seattle, Washington, June 2011.
- "Carbon or Crops? A Real Option Perspective on Tree Planting under a Cap-and-Trade Policy", presented at the conference "The Role of Carbon Offsets in Climate Policy", Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, May 2011.
- SPEA V370: Research Methods and Statistical Modeling
- SPEA V506: Statistical Analysis for Effective Decision Making
- SPEA V517: Public Management Economics
- SPEA V580: Readings in Public Affairs
- ECON 102: Principles of Macroeconomics (Iowa State University)
Awards and honors
- SPEA IUPUI Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, 2013
- Teaching Excellence Award, Iowa State University 2007