School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Ph.D., Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver, 2011
- M.A., International Development, University of Denver, 2007
- B.A., International Political Economy, University of Puget Sound, 2005
- Assistant Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, 2012-Present
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
- Midwest Political Science Association
Major fields of expertise
- Public policy process
- Policy analysis
- Environmental policy
- Institutional analysis
- Assessing Policy Designs and Improving Outcomes: An Institutional and Behavioral Analysis of the US National Organic Program
- Saba Siddiki. Forthcoming. "Assessing Policy Design and Interpretation: An Institutions Based Analysis in the Context of Aquaculture in Florida and Virginia, US." Review of Policy Research. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ropr.12075/abstract
- Resh, William, Saba Siddiki, and William R. McConnell. Forthcoming. "Does the Network Centrality of Government Actors Matter? Examining the Role of Government Organizations in Aquaculture Partnerships." Review of Policy Research.
- David Carter, Christopher M. Weible, Saba Siddiki, Sara Miller Chonaiew, and John Brett. Forthcoming. “Assessing Policy Divergence: How to Investigate the Differences between a Law and a Corresponding Regulation.” Public Administration.
- Calanni, John, Saba Siddiki, Christopher M. Weible, and William D. Leach. Forthcoming. "Explaining Coordination in Collaborative Partnerships and Clarifying the Scope of the Belief Homophily Hypothesis." Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory. http://jpart.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/05/20/jopart.mut080.abstract
- Pierce, Jonathan J., Saba Siddiki, Michael D. Jones, Kristin Schumacher, Andrew Pattison, and Holly Peterson. Forthcoming. “Social Construction and Policy Design: A Review of Past Applications.” Policy Studies Journal. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/psj.12040/asset/psj12040.pdf?v=1&t=hzg9dxwu&s=ab0f7f93a799df0e51cef0833aa69f21dfec6a56http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/psj.12040/abstract
- David, P. Carter, Christopher M. Weible, and Saba N. Siddiki. Forthcoming. “Organic Food.” In Issues and Controversies in Science and Politics. Brent Steel (Ed.). http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/psj.12040/asset/psj12040.pdf?v=1&t=hzg9dxwu&s=ab0f7f93a799df0e51cef0833aa69f21dfec6a56http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/psj.12040/abstract
- Leach, William D., Christopher M. Weible, Scott R. Vince, Saba N. Siddiki and John Calanni. Forthcoming. “Fostering Learning through Collaboration: Knowledge Acquisition and Belief Change in Marine Aquaculture Partnerships.” Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory. http://jpart.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/03/15/jopart.mut011.abstract
- Ramaswami, Anu, Christopher M. Weible, Deborah Main, Tanya Heikkila, Saba Siddiki, Andrew Duvall, Andrew Pattison, Meghan Bernard. Forthcoming. "A Social-Ecological Infrastructural Systems (SEIS) Framework for Inter-Disciplinary Study of Sustainable City Systems: An Integrative Curriculum Across Seven Major Disciplines." Journal of Industrial Ecology. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00566.x/asset/jiec566.pdf?v=1&t=hzmxs2e3&s=3fd5b48d663661ab6fa9e270b26b8b7c4834188e
- Saba Siddiki, Xavier Basurto, and Christopher M. Weible. 2012. "Using the Institutional Grammar Tool to Understand Regulatory Compliance: The Case of Colorado Aquaculture." Regulation & Governance. 6 (2): 167-188. http://dukespace.lib.duke.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/10161/6738/Siddiki%20et%20al.%202012%20Regulation%20and%20Compl.pdf?sequence=1
- Weible, Christopher M., Siddiki, Saba, and Pierce, Jonathan. 2011. "Foes to Friends: Changing Contexts and Changing Intergroup Perceptions." Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis. 13(5): 499-525. http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/SPA/FacultyStaff/Faculty/Documents/Foes%20to%20Friends%20Changing%20Contexts%20and%20Changing%20Intergroup%20Perceptions.pdf
- Siddiki, Saba, Weible, Christopher M., Basurto, Xavier, and Calanni, John. 2011. "Dissecting Policy Designs: An Application of the Institutional Grammar Tool." Policy Studies Journal. 39(1): 79-103. http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/SPA/FacultyStaff/Faculty/Documents/Dissecting%20Policy%20Designs.pdf
- Saba N. Siddiki, Anu Ramaswami, and Christine Martell. 2010. "Defining and Measuring Sustainability in Public-Private Water Infrastructure Partnerships in Developing Countries." In Ramesh, Vishnuprasad Nagadevara G., Gopal Naik, and Anil B. Suraj, Eds. Public Private Partnerships. Bangalore, India: Routledge Publishers.
Professional articles and reports
- Sara Miller Chonaiew, Saba N. Siddiki, David P. Carter, Christopher M. Weible, and John Brett. 2013. “A Study Report of Accredited Certifier Agencies under the National Organic Program.” Produced by Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and the University of Colorado Denver for the Accredited Certifiers Association.
- Calanni, John, Saba Siddiki, Christopher M. Weible, William Leach, and Scott Vince. 2012. Global Aquaculture Advocate. November/December.
- Saba Siddiki and Christopher M. Weible. 2011. "Perceived Barriers and Industry Strategies for Continued U.S. Aquaculture Development." Global Aquaculture Advocate. July/August. http://www.gaalliance.org/mag/2011/July-Aug/offline/download.pdf
- Saba Siddiki and Chris Weible. 2010. "State Aquaculture Coordinators Study Report." Prepared for the National Association of State Aquaculture Coordinators. Unpublished Report. http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/SPA/BuechnerInstitute/Research/Documents/NASAC_Study_Report_BIG.pdf
- Calanni, John, Saba Siddiki, Christopher M. Weible, William Leach, and Scott Vince. 2012. "Impacts of Marine Aquaculture Partnerships." Global Aquaculture Advocate. November/December. http://www.gaalliance.org/mag/2012/Nov-Dec/download.pdf
- U.S. Food Systems: Politics and Policy (Spring 2014)
- SPEA-V550 Introduction to Policy Analysis (Fall 2013)
- SPEA-V512 Public Policy Process (Spring 2012)
- SPEA V-527 Urban Sustainability (Fall 2012)
Awards and recognition
- National Science Foundation. 2012. Research Grant for project “Assessing Compliance in Organic Farming: An Institutional Analysis of the U.S. National Organic Program.” Co-PI: Saba Siddiki. Grant amount: $247,842.76
- School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver. 2011. Best Dissertation Award for "Rules and Decision Making: Understanding the Factors that Shape Regulatory Compliance."
- University of Colorado Denver IGERT and National Science Foundation. January-May 2010. IGERT Small Grant for project “Examining the Influence of Interdisciplinary Competencies: An Application to U.S. Marine Aquaculture Partnerships.” Co-PI: Saba Siddiki. Grant amount: $6,180.00
- School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver. 2009. Best Poster Award for “Social Construction and Policy Design Framework: An Analysis of Current Applications,” presented at the Research and Creative Activities Symposium. University of Colorado Denver. 24 April 2009. Award amount: $800.
- University of Colorado Denver. 2008-2009. University Scholarship Team Grant for Policy Design for Democracy Workshop and Symposium. Co-PI: Saba Siddiki. Grant amount: $6K
- National Science Foundation. September 2007-December 2009. IGERT PhD Traineeship Fellowship for Sustainable Urban Infrastructure. Grant amount: $30K per year stipend with $10.5K tuition support per academic year.