School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Ph.D., Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver, 2011
- M.A., International Development, University of Denver, 2007
- B.A., International Political Economy, University of Puget Sound, 2005
- Assistant Professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, 2012-Present
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
- Midwest Political Science Association
Major fields of expertise
- Public policy process
- Policy analysis
- Environmental policy
- Institutional analysis
- Saba Siddiki and Suzann Lupton. Forthcoming. “Assessing Nonprofit Rule Interpretation and Compliance Based on an Application of Crawford and Ostrom’s Institutional Grammar.” Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly.
- Saba Siddiki, Carboni, Julia L., Chris Koski, and Abdul-Akeem Sadiq. Forthcoming. “How Policy Rules Shape the Structure and Performance of Collaborative Governance Arrangements." Public Administration Review.
- Saba Siddiki and Shilpi Goel. Forthcoming. "A Stakeholder Analysis of U.S. Marine Aquaculture Partnership Participants." Marine Policy.
- Siddiki, Saba. 2014. “Assessing Policy Design and Interpretation: An Institutions Based Analysis in the Context of Aquaculture in Florida and Virginia, US.” Review of Policy Research 31 (4): 281-303.
- Jerome Dumortier, Saba Siddiki, Sanya Carley, Joshua Cisney, Rachel M. Krause, Bradley W. Lane, John A. Rupp, and John D. Graham. Forthcoming. “Effects of Providing Total Cost of Ownership Information on Consumers' Intent to Purchase a Hybrid or Plug-in Electric Vehicle.” Under review at Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice.
- Resh, William, Saba Siddiki, and William R. McConnell. 2014. "Does the Network Centrality of Government Actors Matter? Examining the Role of Government Organizations in Aquaculture Partnerships." Review of Policy Research 31 (6): 584-609.
- Pierce, Jonathan, Saba Siddiki, Michael Jones, Andrew Pattison, Kristin Schumacher, and Holly Peterson. 2014. “Theory of Social Construction and Policy Design: A Review of Past Applications.” Policy Studies Journal 42 (1): 1-29.
- David Carter, Christopher M. Weible, Saba Siddiki, Sara Miller Chonaiew, and John Brett. 2014. “Assessing Policy Divergence: How to Investigate the Differences between a Law and a Corresponding Regulation.” Public Administration. Published online September 7, 2014.
- Carter, David P., Christopher M. Weible, Saba Siddiki, and Xavier Basurto. Forthcoming. "Integrating Core Concepts from the Institutional Analysis and Development Framework for the Systematic Analysis of Policy Designs: An illustration from the U.S. National Organic Program Regulation." Journal of Theoretical Politics.
- Calanni, John, Saba Siddiki, Chris Weible, and William D. Leach. 2014. “Explaining Coordination in Collaborative Aquaculture Partnerships and Clarifying the Scope of the Belief Homophily Hypothesis.” Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory. Published online May 20,2014.
- Leach, William D., Christopher M. Weible, Scott R. Vince, Saba N. Siddiki, and John Calanni. 2013. “Fostering Learning through Collaboration: Knowledge Acquisition and Belief Change in Marine Aquaculture.” Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory 24 (3): 591-622.
- Saba Siddiki, Xavier Basurto, Christopher M. Weible. 2012. “Using the Institutional Grammar Tool to Understand Regulatory Compliance: The Case of Colorado Aquaculture.” Regulation & Governance. 6(2): 167- 188.
- Ramaswami, Anu, Christopher M. Weible, Deborah Main, Tanya Heikkila, Saba Siddiki, Andrew Duvall, Andrew Pattison, Meghan Bernard. 2012. "A Social-Ecological Infrastructural Systems (SEIS) Framework for Inter- Disciplinary Study of Sustainable City Systems: An Integrative Curriculum across Seven Major Disciplines." Journal of Industrial Ecology. 16 (6): 801-813.
- Saba Siddiki, Xavier Basurto, Christopher M. Weible, and John Calanni. 2011. "Dissecting Policy Designs: An Application of the Institutional Grammar Tool." Policy Studies Journal. 39(1): 79-103.
- Christopher M. Weible, Saba N. Siddiki, and Jonathan J. Pierce. 2011. "Foes to Friends: Changing Context and Changing Intergroup Perceptions." Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis. 13 (5): 499-525.
- Saba N. Siddiki, Anu Ramaswami, and Christine Martell. 2010. “Defining and Measuring Sustainability in Public- Private Water Infrastructure Partnerships in Developing Countries.” In Ramesh, G., Vishnuprasad Nagadevara, Gopal Naik, and Anil B. Suraj, Eds. Public Private Partnerships. Bangalore, India: Routledge Publishers.
- David P. Carter, Christopher M. Weible, and Saba N. Siddiki. 2014. “Organic Food.” In Science and Politics: An A to Z Guide to Issues and Controversies. Brent Steel (Ed.). Thousand Oaks: CQ Press.
Professional articles and reports
- Sara Miller Chonaiew, Saba N. Siddiki, David P. Carter, Christopher M. Weible, and John Brett. 2013. “A Study Report of Accredited Certifier Agencies under the National Organic Program.” Produced by Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and the University of Colorado Denver for the Accredited Certifiers Association.
- Calanni, John, Saba Siddiki, Christopher M. Weible, William Leach, and Scott Vince. 2012. Global Aquaculture Advocate. November/December.
- Saba Siddiki and Christopher M. Weible. 2011. "Perceived Barriers and Industry Strategies for Continued U.S. Aquaculture Development." Global Aquaculture Advocate. July/August. http://www.gaalliance.org/mag/2011/July-Aug/offline/download.pdf
- Saba Siddiki and Chris Weible. 2010. "State Aquaculture Coordinators Study Report." Prepared for the National Association of State Aquaculture Coordinators. Unpublished Report. http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/SPA/BuechnerInstitute/Research/Documents/NASAC_Study_Report_BIG.pdf
- Calanni, John, Saba Siddiki, Christopher M. Weible, William Leach, and Scott Vince. 2012. "Impacts of Marine Aquaculture Partnerships." Global Aquaculture Advocate. November/December. http://www.gaalliance.org/mag/2012/Nov-Dec/download.pdf
- Carter, David P., Christopher M. Weible, Saba N. Siddiki, Sara Miller Chonaiew, John Brett & Xavier Basurto. 2014. “Certified Organic Producer Perceptions of U.S. Organic Regulations and Organic Certifying Agents.” School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver.
- Kent, Alison R., David P. Carter, Christopher M. Weible, Saba Siddiki, Sara Miller Chonaiew, John Brett, and Xavier Basurto. 2014. “Organic Inspector Characteristics, Roles, and Experiences in the U.S. Organic Food Industry.”
- U.S. Food Systems: Politics and Policy (Spring 2014)
- SPEA-V550 Introduction to Policy Analysis (Fall 2013; Fall 2014)
- SPEA-V512 Public Policy Process (Spring 2012; Spring 2014)
- SPEA V-527 Urban Sustainability (Fall 2012; Fall 2013; Fall 2014)
Awards and recognition
- The Vincent and Elinor Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis. 2014. Research Grant for project “Assessing Institutional Design in Complex Service Arrangements: A Study of Indianapolis Public Schools.” PI: Saba Siddiki. Grant amount: $17,240.00.
- National Science Foundation. 2012. Research Grant for project “Assessing Compliance in Organic Farming: An Institutional Analysis of the U.S. National Organic Program.” Co-PI: Saba Siddiki. Grant amount: $247,842.76
- School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver. 2011. Best Dissertation Award for "Rules and Decision Making: Understanding the Factors that Shape Regulatory Compliance."
- University of Colorado Denver IGERT and National Science Foundation. January-May 2010. IGERT Small Grant for project “Examining the Influence of Interdisciplinary Competencies: An Application to U.S. Marine Aquaculture Partnerships.” Co-PI: Saba Siddiki. Grant amount: $6,180.00
- School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver. 2009. Best Poster Award for “Social Construction and Policy Design Framework: An Analysis of Current Applications,” presented at the Research and Creative Activities Symposium. University of Colorado Denver. 24 April 2009. Award amount: $800.
- University of Colorado Denver. 2008-2009. University Scholarship Team Grant for Policy Design for Democracy Workshop and Symposium. Co-PI: Saba Siddiki. Grant amount: $6K
- National Science Foundation. September 2007-December 2009. IGERT PhD Traineeship Fellowship for Sustainable Urban Infrastructure. Grant amount: $30K per year stipend with $10.5K tuition support per academic year.